Kunwar, R K and Peravadhanulu, A and Chakravorty, N and Ramakrishna Rao, G S and Mathur, G P and Narayanan, P I A (1965) Pilot Plant studies on (1) Beneficiation of an Iron ore sample from the Kiriburu Mines of National Mineral Development Corporation (2)Production of Additional -10 mm Fines and (3)Production of High Basicity Sinters –For the Bokaro Steel Project. Other (TMP). CSIR-NML, Jamshedpur, Jamshedpur.
|PDF (Pilot Plant studies on (1) Beneficiation of an Iron ore sample from the Kiriburu Mines of National Mineral Development Corporation (2)Production of Additional -10 mm Fines and (3)Production of High Basicity Sinters –For the Bokaro Steel Project) - Published Version |
Restricted to NML users only. Others may use ->
Pilot Plant studies on beneficiation and sintering characteristics of six iron ore samples from Kiriburu mines of the National Mineral Development had been undertaken sometimes back at the National Metallurgical Laboratory and reported in N.M.L. Reports I.R.No. 244/64 and I.R.288/64. The present investigation was undertaken with a mixed ore sample collected from the lower and upper portions of the main haulage road and from Bench 3 of Hill No. 1 at the instance of the Bokaro Steel Plant authorities for investigation on optimum beneficiation cycles and study of sintering characteristics and for formulating a suitable procedure for the production of additional -10 mm fines to make up the required 70% of ore fines for sinter production and yield the remaining 30% in the form -40 mm + 10 mm size lumps, the two together constituting the blast furnace burden. Different technologies schemes were studies for the production of additional amounts of fines by crushing and wet and/or dry screening the crushed product and the results are discussed in the present Report. Studies on production of high basicity sinters (CaO+ MgO ratios upto 2.4) were also undertaken on two samples of iron ore fines the Kiriburu mines.
|Item Type:||Project Reports (Other (TMP))|
|Uncontrolled Keywords:||Beneficiation of an Iron ore, high basicity sinters, crushing, dry screening, sintering|
|Divisions:||Information Management and Dissemination Centre|
|Deposited By:||Dr Mita Tarafder|
|Deposited On:||26 Apr 2022 14:39|
|Last Modified:||13 Jul 2022 16:35|
Repository Staff Only: item control page