Technology in Secondary Steel Sector

Bagchi, R K and Bandhu, Vishva (2013) Technology in Secondary Steel Sector. In: Proceeding of the International Conference on Science and Technology of Ironmaking and Steelmaking, December 16-18, 2013, CSIR-NML Jamshedpur.

Restricted to NML users only. Others may use ->



The contribution of Secondary Steel Sector in the overall growth and development of Steel Sector is remarkable. While only less than 45% of Steel production is contributed by BOF route, remaining more than 55% is contributed by Secondary Steel Sector (EAF and IF). This paper shows various developments in EAF due to which this process has remained competitive such as Ultra High Power,use of Hot Metal,in-built oxygen lancing system, continuous charging of DRI,foamy Slag Practice,eccentric Bottom Tapping System, hot Heel Practice. The growth of Secondary Steel Sector could be possible due to large scale growth of Sponge Iron manufacturing in India. India remains as top producer of Sponge Iron in the world since 2003.

Item Type:Conference or Workshop Item (Paper)
Official URL/DOI:
Uncontrolled Keywords:Secondary Steel Sector, Conarc Process, Induction furnace
Divisions:Material Science and Technology
ID Code:7056
Deposited By:Sahu A K
Deposited On:17 Nov 2014 13:14
Last Modified:17 Nov 2014 13:14
Related URLs:

Repository Staff Only: item control page