Rapid Indirect Volumetric Method for Determination of Molybdenum in Ferro-molybdenum

Pramanik, M R and Ganesh, R and Pandey, L P (1981) Rapid Indirect Volumetric Method for Determination of Molybdenum in Ferro-molybdenum. NML Technical Journal, 23 (1 & 2). pp. 20-21.

Restricted to NML users only. Others may use ->



It was observed from the results of analyses of diff-erent samples of ferro-molybdenum received from various firms during its production in submerged arc furnace by aluminothermic process that the total of iron and alum-inium comes to about 98%, remaining 2% being carbon, aluminium, sulphur, phosphorus etc. Indirect volumetric method for determination of molybdenum in ferro-molybdenum is based on the above studies. After decomposing the samples with nitric acid, iron is precipitated with ammon-ia solution and dissolved in HCL. The content of iron was determined volumetrically and the molybdenum content was obtained by deducting its value from 98. The results for molybdenum agree favourably with lead molybdate method. This indirect method is rapid as compared with the conventional lead molybdate method.

Item Type:Article
Official URL/DOI:http://eprints.nmlindia.org/4948
Uncontrolled Keywords:molybdenum; ferro-molybdenum; molybdate method; nitric acid
Divisions:Metal Extraction and Forming
ID Code:4948
Deposited By:Dr. A K Sahu
Deposited On:20 Mar 2012 14:25
Last Modified:20 Mar 2012 14:25
Related URLs:

Repository Staff Only: item control page